No products in the cart.
A process called baling, to compact cotton fibers for ease of transport, is avoided while creating this fabric which gives it a natural fall and elasticity. Because of un-baling the fabric does not need regular ironing and drapes great. The saree is handwoven and has a texture of Khadi.
The saree is handblock printed, slightly heavy kalamkari saree.
The product is designed and produced by Malkha, an organization that stands for decentralized, sustainable, field-to-fabric cotton textile chain, collectively owned and managed by the primary producers – the farmers, the ginners, the spinners, the dyers and the weavers.
Length: 5.4 – 5.9 metres
Width: 44″ – 47″
Color: Red and Brown
Type of Craft Work: Handwoven on a handloom
Care Instructions: Wash separately in cold water using a mild detergent
Estimated Time of Dispatch: 3 working days
Check out from the wide range of handmade products available at Wudbox!
*Please Note: Actual color may slightly vary due to different screen resolutions of mobile or desktop screen
Hi Welcome to Wudbox,
At Wudbox you are viewing the produce of the local crafts people of your country. We promote small businesses & individual artists and provide a platform for them to pursue their passion and love for creative work.
Until now these people have only sold locally, but now their designs and work is seen nationwide through us. All they need is your support and encouragement to succeed in their endeavor.
These sellers are either craftsmen themselves or are directly working with one to bring these pieces of art into existence and hence their products are appropriately priced citing the fact that there is no middlemen.
The prices of the goods include the cost of the raw materials, the time that it takes to produce these products,the GST and the money required by the craftsmen to sustain their modest living. Also, all these products are made in small quantities and do not have the advantage of the bulk products produced with the machines.
Be assured that your product is made with a lot of love, care and attention given to the details. To err however is human and it might contain a few irregularities and that is what makes each piece unique and different.
We constantly give our feedback and inputs to these newly arrived sellers about the products and packaging process, however if you have certain useful insights then do feel free to share them with us, it will definitely help them to succeed faster.
Certain out sourced external factors like logistics are out of our control, however, we do track them and also empower you by providing the tracking details the moment they are provided to us.
Above all, Wudbox promotes a shift from a society of over-consumption of products and services to one based on well-being, belonging and sustainable living. After all a country and indirectly we progress only when there is a uniform distribution of income and people are able to sustain their presence.
And yes ofcourse, who minds using a product that is definitely unique and uncommon and makes them stand out.
We work with cotton and linen only. Yes we believe in causing as little harm as possible to nature. We promote
Handloom – operates on mechanical force and not electricity
Natural dyes – wastage from these dyes will have minimum impact on nature
Khadi – its production has minimum electricity usage of all the other garment manufacturing
Since fashion industry is responsible for generating a lot of green house gases, our efforts lie in bringing classic, seasonless and evergreen products to our customers so as to reduce their carbon footprint.
We work with craftsmen and artisans and bring their beautiful handcrafted products to the urban market. All our products are handpicked.
Our business model?
Simple. We promote our cultural heritage and generate income in rural India, motivate people to continue living in the villages or come back from cities and live a happy life with family. With the profit and the trust we earn in long run, we work on community building like water management and food forest.
Our ultimate goal?
Long term sustainability for one and all
What we want to achieve?
Reverse migration: Motivating people to continue living in their villages and inspire the ones who have already migrated to come back to their villages
Why do we want to work on reverse migration?
- It is a way towards long term sustainability and self-sufficiency
- Reverse migration will unite families
- Bring new hope amongst the people
- Reduces the pressure on resources in cities
- Reverse migration will help us preserve our age old art and heritage
How do we want to achieve this?
- The Co Company is an online store where the unique and exclusive handcrafted products by artisans and craftsmen are showcased for our customers
- Artisans make livelihood through this platform
- We strictly follow fair trade and help our craftsmen believe in their work and passion
- Once the artisans make good livelihood, he and his children will be motivated to continue living in the village
- Along with the livelihood, other reasons for migration are a lack of basic necessities like food, water and shelter. Thus, in long run we wish to work on
- watershed management – “the process of implementing land use practices and water managementpractices to protect and improve the quality of the water and other natural resources within a watershed by managing the use of those land and water resources in a comprehensive manner”. This will ensure enough water and clean water
- agro forestry – “growing atleast one seasonal fruit and vegetable tree, for each season, near and around the house to ensure food security and increase green cover
How you can help?
We believe in slow fashion and bring classic, evergreen products to you. Be a part of this movement by making sustainable choices